L+R Weep Screed™ - Designed for Moisture Control
What L+R Weep Screed does:
- It is the only metal termination on the market that is specifically designed to accommodate a rain screen drainage plane material and "weep."
- Forms the bottom edge of the scratch coat and the bottom edge of the thin-set mortar.
- Large 1" slots, placed frequently along bottom edge provide favorable egress points for moisture to exit thin veneer wall system.
How to install L+R Weep Screed*
- Install below foundation plate line - a minimum of four inches above the earth.
- Make sure WRB, Sure Cavity, metal lath, and scratch coat all go inside the L+R Weep Screed.
Ordering and Shipping Information
|Piece Length (Feet)|| 8
|Units per Tube|| 20
|Linear Feet per Tube||160|
Contact MTI at 1-800-879-3348 for specific cost to your destination.
L+R Weep Screed Specifications
26 gauge galvanized steel bent into 70° V shape. Vertical attachment flange - 3.5" (89 mm), Short leg - 1 1/32" (26.19mm), ground - 0.5" (13 mm), bonding slots 1" (25 mm) punched 1.75" (44 mm) apart, 8 ft long.
Product Cutsheet: Download Product Cut Sheet
Google SketchUp 3D Model:
Download Product Model from 3D Warehouse
Popular HyperSpecs® Wall Details
featuring L+R Weep Screed
Browse Wall Details
Browse Wall Details with L+R Weep Screed
*The installation listed provides the most common installation instructions. For specific installation details please find your wall detail in our HyperSpecs