What Moisture Diverter does:
- It stops moisture and diverts it to either side and away from moisture-sensitive wall details.
- It answers a critical need above wall openings.
How to install Moisture Diverter*
- Position Moisture Diverter above wall openings (window, door, etc.) immediately above, but not in contact with, mounting flanges or flashing systems.
- Make Moisture Diverter watertight against moisture resistant coatings on masonry or poured concrete walls.
- Install flashing and overlap WRB shingle-fashion on framed wall.
- Install Moisture Diverter with 1/4 inch to 1' slope-to-drain.
- Moisture Diverter must extend a minimum of 4” past window mounting flange or window trim boards on both sides of window.
Ordering and Shipping Information
|Piece Length (Feet)||4
|Units per Tube||25
|Linear Feet per Tube||100|
Contact MTI at 1-800-879-3348 for specific cost to your destination.
Moisture Diverter Specifications
24 gauge galvanized steel 2.5" wide and 4' long; bent into a V shape with one leg 0.625" long and one leg 1.875" long and an angle of 65°.
Product Cutsheet: Download Product Cut Sheet
Google SketchUp 3D Model:
Download Product Model from 3D Warehouse
Popular HyperSpecs® Wall Details
featuring Moisture Diverter
Browse Wall Details
Browse Wall Details with Moisture Diverter
*The installation listed provides the most common installation instructions. For specific installation details please find your wall detail in our HyperSpecs