Core Cavity Weep™
What Core Cavity Weep does:
- It forms the bottom side of the bed joint of mortar at the exterior and interior shell of a CMU or Jumbo Brick
- It weeps both the core and cavity when CMU or Jumbo Brick is used as a veneer
- It’s easy to install (12" wide — 25' long rolls)
- It is translucent in color and blends with mortar.
How to install Core Cavity Weep*
- Clean installation surface.
- Core/Cavity Weep should be positioned on flashings and waterstops with material centered on wall. Allow intermittent legs to extend into the wall cavity and to the exterior as illustrated.
- Apply bed joint of mortar.
- Install masonry units on bed of mortar, following normal installation procedures.
- Lightly score legs at face of wall, crack off by pushing downward while mortar is still plastic.
- Tool and finish mortar joints.
- Caution: CMU or Jumbo Brick Veneers must have cells no less than 3" wide.
Ordering and Shipping Information
|Roll Length (Feet)|| 25
|Rolls per Box|| 8
|Linear Feet per Box|| 200
|Boxes per Pallet|| 16
|Linear Feet per Pallet|| 3200
|Pallet Size|| 48" x 40" x 64"|
Contact MTI at 1-800-879-3348 for specific cost to your destination.
Core Cavity Weep Specifications
2.5" (64 mm) wide weep legs offset on each side of continuous belt, at 9.5" (241 mm) on center; continuous belt 2" (51 mm) wide; and total width 1'-0" (305 mm).
Product Cutsheet: Download Product Cut Sheet
Google SketchUp 3D Model:
Download Product Model from 3D Warehouse
Popular HyperSpecs® Wall Details
featuring Core Cavity Weep
Browse Wall Details
Browse Wall Details with Core Cavity Weep
*The installation listed provides the most common installation instructions. For specific installation details please find your wall detail in our HyperSpecs