Interactive Rainscreen Moisture Management Guide
MTI has many rainscreen building envelope moisture management details available. We designed the Interactive House to help you narrow those choices. Each raindrop is a clickable hotspot that reveals a detail with associated resources for managing moisture in that location of the building envelope.
Once clicked, you can access:
- A Detailed Drawing
- MTI Products Needed
- An Installation Animation
- CAD & Specs
- Product Cutsheets
- Resources in Our HyperSpecs™ Graphic Arts Library
Improve sustainability and reduce energy costs by using the right rainscreen building envelope moisture management products from MTI!
Commercial & Residential Rainscreen Moisture Management Products: "Drainable is Sustainable!"
There are many reasons to choose MTI rainscreen moisture management products, but let’s focus on three:
1. An effective rainscreen drainage plane (drainage mat) must get the water out quickly. Even a small amount of water left in the building envelope for a period of time can lead to mold and rot.
2. Does the company you are dealing with now manufacture the rainscreen drainage plane and other rainscreen drainage products they are selling? Do they offer a system, or just drainage plane (drainage mat)? Do they work with you to design a custom rainscreen drainage system to effectively manage building envelope moisture in your unique project?
3. The price - MTI costs less! MTI has a full range of rainscreen drainage plane products including an economy drainage plane model, Gravity Cavity™, made from the same recycled material as our Sure Cavity™ rainscreen drainage plane. View the MTI Solutions movie see how our rainscreen drainage products solve building envelope moisture management problems in all areas of the building envelope.
MTI "True Channel" Rainscreen Technology is Better
The websites of most drainage mat manufacturers (and resellers) define their drainage mat products as a core of entangled filaments. In theory a drainage mat of entangled filaments can create a space behind a veneer and in front of the backup wall. But there are two inherent problems with this type of material. First, these entangled fibrous drainage mat products can be compressed, reducing the volume of the space behind the veneer and creating the potential for waviness on the veneer’s facade. Second, entangled fibers are not conducive to rapid drainage. That’s why they make good scrub pads—they hang on to some of the water and the soap! View Animation of Fibrous Drainage Mat Issues.
MTI = Best Price & Support on Rainscreen Products
No other manufacturer in the rainscreen drainage plane business can offer better support or better pricing than MTI. We are the only company in the rainscreen drainage business that designs and produces complete rainscreen drainage systems for building envelope moisture management. We are the only company in the industry that custom designs systems for your unique building project. Finally, our new "economy" rainscreen drainage plane product, Gravity Cavity, drains effectively yet costs less than any other drainage plane - drainage mat on the market today!
Give us a call today! We guarantee you’ll talk to a real person dedicated to giving you the best in service and product!
Masonry Technology Inc. - MTI